What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number.
If you register with us as a psychotherapy client, then we will also retain a record of treatment in in a secure, locked filing cabinet for seven years, in accordance with professional requirements. We will take steps to ensure the accuracy and security of the record. This is a requirement of the Human Givens Institute which oversees our professional registration. All clinical information shared with my therapist will remain confidential within our service except where we believe there may be a risk of harm to you or to others, or where there’s a legal duty of disclosure.
Your therapist has case supervision with their supervisor where a broad outline of my case may be discussed as a part of the supervisory process and that no identifying details will be revealed.
The Human Givens Institute’s Code of Ethics and Conduct can be viewed at:
How can you update or delete your details?
We are currently working on becoming fully GDPR compliant. Our ICO number is: ZA091518. You can click here to do any of the following in regard to data that we hold:
- View all personal information that we hold about you
- Update personal details (email address, telephone number etc)
- Request copies of files e.g. case notes
- Request the deletion of some or all of the personal information or files/documents
- Opt-out of the in8.uk.com client mailing list
- Report a data breach (This can also be done by contacting ico.org.uk)
- … or ask us anything else about your data
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your Experience
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To Improve our Website
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To Improve Customer Service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To Send Periodic Emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To keep a Record of your Treatment
- If you also register with us as a therapy client, we will retain a record of your treatments (case notes) for a period of seven years following the last occasion on which treatment was given, and in accordance with professional requirements. We will take steps to ensure the accuracy and security of the record. These notes will include contact details which we will only use to get in touch with you about matters relating to your treatment, such as appointments and to provide helpful information, where appropriate.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://in8.uk.com/toc/
This policy was last modified on 24th May 2018.